Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), ambulance which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, shop including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don’t have to.
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
• Corporate Web sites or portals
• Corporate intranets and extranets
• Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
• E-commerce and online reservations
• Government applications
• Small business Web sites
• Non-profit and organizational Web sites
• Community-based portals
• School and church Web sites
• Personal or family homepages
Our Offerings :With the help of this CMS the web pages of a site can be maintained and updated easily. Even a web page can be easily added or removed from the site. Joomla is a very popular CMS and preferred by many designers. Using Joomla an innumerable number of websites are run on the World Wide Web. Joomla when compared to other WYSIWYG editors has a number of beneficial features as well as some shortcomings.
The Benefits of using Joomla:
• Open Content Management System - One of the most convenient features of Joomla is that it is an open content management system. It implies that the users do not have to pay any license fee for using this application.
• Community Resource: Since it is a very popular CMS, a huge amount of community resource is available for Joomla. There are huge numbers of people who support this CMS. Forums for Joomla with huge membership strength are there.
• Easily Extended – Another striking feature of using Joomla web design is that its functionality can be easily extended. A huge number of plug-ins and add on features are available for Joomla template design. Some of the mostly used plug-ins used in Joomla website designs are blogs, project management tools, shopping carts, video plugins, image galleries etc.
• Editing Web Pages: The look and feel of a website can be easily changed by using Joomla. The templating system of Joomla allows these easy alterations. Without redoing the whole thing, the slight changes can be brought in to the design of the page.
The Shortcomings of Using Joomla
• Chances of Misuse: The Joomla sites often fall prey to hackers. Since it is a popular content management system, it gets huge exposure and becomes vulnerable to misuse. To prevent this, the users have to be conscious about the security settings on the server.
• Search Engine Friendliness: For the older version of Joomla, the local search engine friendliness was taken to be one of its shortcomings. But this can be overcome if the available plugins are judiciously used.
• Smaller Sites: Sometimes the use of this content management system may not be suitable for very small sites.